Monday, December 26, 2011

Betta Fish



Some fun watercolor paintings I made to give as Christmas gifts this year. I love how organic I have to paint with watercolor vs oil or digital painting... even if I have a drawing, it's always overpowered by where ever the paint decides to go. Or when the paper bends and warps because I never prep it and water puddles in inconvenient places because I add way too much water. I just have to go with it and it works out. I want to try more fish like this in different colors, maybe get more fancy with the scales, use less water, more patience... a challenge for me :).

I gave the originals, but I have a huge file for making some really nice prints to put up on my Etsy and Society6 stores. Look out for those soon!

watercolor 8x10"
©Sam Nagel (not for use or altering in any way) thanks

0 comments: